Monday, February 11, 2013

Angelfire by Hanna Peach ~Review!~ Dark Angel Book 1



Angelfire

                                                                     
Title: Angelfire

Series: Dark Angel
Author: Hanna Peach
Available: November 22, 2012
Format: E-book
Genre: Urban Fantasy/Paranormal
 Blurb:
An army of angels walk among us. They have kept us safe and ignorant, so far.Earthbound for centuries and ruled by the Elders, they have established hidden cities, a society and The Code: obey your Elders, kill all demons, eliminate Rogue-angels, protect the mortals, remain hidden. Their warriors are the ungifted earthborn angels armed with blades and the ‘borrowed magics’ of distilled angel-blood tattoos.Alyxandria is a young warrior with a fondness for customized knives and illegal night-races. If only she could overcome the taint of her parents who abandoned her to become Rogues.When Alyx saves Israel, a gifted mortal with a past, she is forbidden to see him again. But she can’t help herself, drawn to him through their Guardian-bond, an ancient and long-forgotten bond; if he dies, she dies.An encounter with a handsome Rogue leaves Alyx questioning all she has been taught to believe. Alyx begins to dig into the Elders’ secrets. Two thousand years of secrets that begin with the death of the Archangel Raphael. She is not prepared when she uncovers an Elder’s dark plan.Somewhere on earth is a key to unlock hell. Somewhere on earth are pieces of an amulet that controls Lucifer and his army. Somehow Israel is the link and now both sides are after him. Who can Alyx trust when Good and Evil is no longer clear?The war for earth begins.

 Hanna Peach

A writer of fantastical things, especially stories with fangs, magic or wings.I want to tell you tales that will rip away the glamour from your life, keep you running and fighting and gasping long past the devil’s hour and maybe, just maybe, reality will look a little bit different when you return.Sit with me around this witchlight. Let me tell you a story.

Find out more about her at:
Facebook
Website/blog
Amazon – Kindle
Goodreads
Book Trailer
URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xmTBeiIVZ8







Angelfire (Dark Angel #1)Review

Wow, this was an amazing book. I really got into it, and could see the world through Alyx’s eyes. I will admit a few parts did have me confused, as in I was not sure on the whole wings part, like if they only show when she is in her own realm, and not when on the Earth plane? As it has her still flying, but never mentions the wings. I assume she has them, as the cover shows them. But other than that, I had no problems with this story at all.

I am anxious for the next book, AngelStone (Dark Angel #2)

I was able to connect really well with the main character Alyx, she is strong minded, and fierce, which I love to see in a female character.
I was not sure of Isreal at first, but he grew on me, but will say, I really like Jordan, he seems to care what happens to Alyx, and think there will be more to that in the future books.

Here is a cute part where Alyx first meet the mortal she is connected too, I thought it was funny:

“You’re being here is no coincidence, is it?” His eyes narrow. “What are you?”“What a silly question,” Alyx says, trying not to let her panic show. “I’m a mortal just like you.”He grins. Alyx feels like an animal that has just been caught in a trap.“Firstly,” he says, “a real mortal would never call herself a ‘mortal’. And secondly, real mortals don’t come falling out of the sky to land delicately on the ground. No, real mortals break bones doing things like that,” he says this last sentence in a mock hush as if he was revealing some great secret. “Just keep that in mind when you try to pass yourself off as one of us next time.”Alyx’s breath sticks in her throat, a strangled sort of cry.But it only seems to amuse him further. “Yes, I saw you drop down to the ground before you knifed that thing. Scaring the living hell out of me I might add.” He glances up at the buildings that loom over them. “What is that, five storys that you just jumped from? Neat little trick. No you obviously aren’t human and you don’t look like one of them. So the question is... what are you?”“It’s dark. You shouldn’t have seen that.”“My night vision is fantastic.” He shrugs as if in apology. “Okay. Maybe ‘what are you?’ is too personal a question to ask so soon after we just started our friendship?”

Here is a little of a steamy part for you, much later on in the book:

Alyx traces her fingers across his top lip and presses her mouth to it, soft like the first drops of spring rain, her thumb trapped between the corners of their mouths. A rush fills her head. He gasps. Or does she? She isn’t sure.She pulls back to look at him. The way he is looking at her is... like he is seeing the stars for the first time.“Alyx...”She kisses him again, cutting him off. The world around them dissolves like sandcastles until there are just his lips and his hands. 
Also this part with some steam:

Alyx traces his collarbones with her fingers.“I am sure. I want you. And. I want you to have me. All of me.”Israel nods. He kisses her again before pulling away. He slips his fingers under her shirt finding her skin. She lifts up her arms. He draws her shirt up off her, his hands dragging along her sides.Alyx can’t meet his gaze. It is too much. She lowers her eyes as Israel drops her shirt. She can feel him staring at her. She moves to cross her arms over herself but he catches her hands.“You have no reason to hide,” he says. He leans down to kiss her bare shoulder then runs his lips along her neck up to her ear. “You are so... painfully beautiful.”

Yeah, this book is great. It has it all, you have some great steamy parts, great exciting story with many twist you won’t see coming. I was shocked at one of them. I sure can’t wait for the next book.

I highly recommend this book, it’s a great Paranormal romance, its YA, but with clean steamy parts that will satisfy those that love some swoon parts. It has the suspense and action too. Written very well too.

5 out of 5 stars for sure. A Must read!

Be sure to check out my blog, as well as the authors for extra content for the special media coverage, there is a unique piece of info on many different blogs, one on mine as well. It’s great fun, so don’t miss those, all links on Hanna’s blog. Go Here for my post of the special coverage. 

I received a copy of this book from the author for my honest review. (I also got the free copy when it was available)

If you like my review, would love to have you Like it at Goodreads here, Or mark as Helpful at Amazon, Here, Thanks so much.




0 comments:

Post a Comment